Dear Mister Mojo aka Beau,
I know you don't always read the blog, but if you happen to come across is in the next few days this is for you.
I know that we as a couple and as a family have had a few difficult times, but we got through it and I hope we continue to do so. Yes I agree I am stubborn, a pain in the arse & overly guarded at times but thank you for understanding why and carrying on. CHAMP!
You stepped in and became a step-dad to Eldest very early on, it was a move that we were terrified of to begin with but you somehow managed to win her heart too. This situation couldn't have been easy, it probably isn't easy for anyone and I am thankful everyday that when I told you I had Eldest you didn't balk, you asked questions. Important ones.
- How old is she?
- Does she like superheroes?
- Does she like fish?
And now we are here, a few years on and with Mojo in the mix.
Thank- you for the following:
- For Eldests panda - at a time where I thought no panda was possible
- For the surprises, not just gifts but the emotional ones
- For the times when I was at a loss as to how to bridge the gaps between where we were and where we wanted to be
- For making me feel like I'm not silly (sometimes)
- For making Mojo with me
- For accepting my experimental cooking (and giving good reviews)
- For holding my hand, when I really needed it
- For understanding that sometimes I emotionally retarded
- For allowing my emotional baggage to be kept in the cupboard under the stairs, but letting me peer in on it from time to time
- For being a fantastic hands on step-dad even though you'd never held a baby before
- For changing nappies that are in fact so disgusting I die a little on the inside
- For not minding that you have sick on your shoulder, smell like baby wipes and didn't sleep for weeks
- For the coffee. Thank - you very very much for the coffee.
I love you more for many more reasons than these, I wouldn't know where to start with the rest, when/if you finally come across this post I just want to point out you are snoring in bed and I did the dishes so you owe me a coffee upon completion ;)
You are everything that I had hoped for and more and I am proud everyday that you are my Mister Mojo.