Yes potato bake isn't hard to make, in fact there are now jars of sauce to make it even easier... But sometimes it's nice to make your own hearty bake from scratch. Mines a little different.
I don't do exact measurements, no one sticks to them anyway, plus as a Momma I use what I have to hand, I'm busy!
4 Carrots (optional)
4 Sweet Potatoes
Cheese, gated, your favourite brand
Dried/fresh Parsley (or another herb you like as much.)
Mixed veg, to serve on the side, again whatever you like and your kids will eat.
- Fill a pan with water, and put on the hob to boil.
- Pre-heat oven to around 180 degrees
- Peel your Parsnips, Carrots and Sweet Potatoes
- Plonk them in the water. Feel free to salt your water, I don't general as I have a Mojo that likes to taste what we are all eating.
- Once they are softened, they should still be relatively intact.
- Separate out the Parsnips, Carrots and Taters into separate bowls.
- Mash them all, keeping them separate.
- Get a big oven dish, put in your first layer of which ever you like, once in sprinkle on a little cheese and parsley.
- Next layer, and continue on till you have a few layers to look at, I find it nice to put Carrot on the bottom and Parsnip in between that and the Sweet Potato, simply for the colour differentiation.
- Top with whats left of the Cheese & some Parsley.
- Pop in the over for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden.
- While that is browning, put your other veg on & have a cup of tea/coffee/wine/vodka....
- Server & Eat.
There are a few other recipes on here, feel free to test them out, they wont be to everyones taste, but neither am I.